Things to do in New South Wales + weather guide
If you are looking for things to do in New South Wales, then you are in luck! The coastline of NSW stretches for over 1000kms from Tweed Heads to Ben Boyd National Park. It has so many great and easily accessible places to visit. This makes it one of the best states to explore in a Travelwheels Campervan Hire Australia Special. Below is our mini guide to things to do in New South Wales for first time visitors to Australia.
Sydney’s harbour is the jewel in the things to do in New South Wales crown! With the majestic Opera House and the magnificent Harbour Bridge, it’s a great place to start your trip! You could literally spend months exploring the greater Sydney area and not see it all! There are so many nearby beaches, National Parks, and other fun things to explore in this area! However at Travelwheels campervans we know there is a lot more to see in NSW than just Sydney! Time to jump in your Travelwheels campervan hire Australia van and see New South Wales!
New South Wales has hundreds of amazing beaches to explore! There are over 500 Scenic Reserves and National Parks to visit as well! How about exploring the vineyards of Hunter Valley, the resident dolphins of either Port Stephens and/or Jervis Bay? How about the incredible mountains ranges of the stunning Snowy Mountains? Three hours away from Sydney is the mighty Blue Mountains! Most people go there for only a day! Remember the Blue Mountains is approximately the same size as Belgium!
Things to do in New South Wales – visit Sydney!
Sydney is Australia’s largest city! It is known as the largest natural harbour in the world (the biggest in Europe is in Poole in England). It has an amazing amount of things to do and has frequently topped many opinion polls as one of the greatest cities in the world for lifestyle!
It is known for being one of the most picturesque cities in the world and your first stop should be to go down to Circular Quay and jump on a ferry and see the magnificent Opera House and the impressive Harbour Bridge!
Things to do in New South Wales + what is the weather like?
In the middle of the summer it can get a high as 40 degrees, so remember to bring your hat, sunglasses and plenty of sun cream! A Travel Wheels tip – if you are from the Northern Hemisphere, remember Australia’s seasons are the reverse to what you are normally used to. Here is a useful chart giving you the seasons and the average temperatures for Sydney. Here is a handy link to 14 day weather forecast for New South Wales.
Things to do in New South Wales from Travelwheels Campervans
Below is a list of some of the things to do in New South Wales from the staff at Travelwheels campervans.
- Visit some of the 55 national parks and scenic reserves in NSW!
- Chill out at Bryon Bay and spend days surfing at this party town!
- See tame wild kangaroos in the surf and lying on the beach – ask us where!
- Explore Sydney the easy and fun way with a weekly ferries and bus pass – the cheapest and best way to check out Sydney!
- Surf on one of the best beaches which only a few years ago was a well guarded secret! Only the most hardcore surfers in the whole of Australia knew this spot! (remember don’t tell everyone ). The beach is located at ‘Wreck Bay’ which is between Jervis bay and Sussex inlet.
- Explore the beautiful wine district of Hunter Valley.
- See dolphins at beautiful Port Stephens or Jervis Bay.
- Go on a whale watching trip to see migrating whales heading up the coastline of NSW heading for Queensland.
- Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge or the far cheaper option of the views from South Eastern pylon lookout.
- Visit outback NSW – the back of bourke for an accessible way to see the outback without driving 1000’s of kms!
- See, climb and view the massive fun “big” things around Australia! See the giant sheep, prawn and banana for starters!
- Check out the annual cannabis festival in the hippy town of Nimbin.
- Explore the spectacular scenery and beauty of the Blue Mountains.
- Climb Australia’s highest mountain, Mount Kosciuszko! It is not a difficult climb, more like a long walk! It’s a great place to take a photo from the top of Australia!
- Visit the hundreds of wonderful beaches along the special NSW coastline.
- Be the first person to see the sunrise in the whole of Australia! Check out the free night hike to the top of beautiful Mount Warning!
- Have a go at diving at Jervis Bay Marine park! It’s ranked as the second best place to dive in Australia after the Great Barrier Reef!
- Fancy meeting the cast of the Australian tv show ‘Home and Away’? Head up to beautiful Avalon beach and take some pictures of Summer Bay!
Here some links from other websites with things to do in New South Wales. Here is the Lonely Planet’s view on things to do in NSW. Here is a useful link for things to do in New South Wales from Trip Advisor NSW Guide.
Things to do in New South Wales – hire a campervan
If you are interested in things to do in New South Wales, then feel free to email us. Our staff at Travelwheels Campervan Hire are passionate about New South Wales! We can help plan a trip around New South Wales by Campervan for a great price! We can speak English, wir sprechen deutsch, and nous parlons Français ici! Give our team a call on 0412766616 for our best deals on campervan hire in nsw.
Check out our Cheap Campervan Hire Australia Deals Below
Enter your dates below for our best deals on Campervan Hire Australia Specials. You can always call our team on 0412766616 for more details on our offers available. Our online price checker will give you our lowest rates on camper hire in Australia.