Things to do in Tasmania + weather guide
If you are looking for things to do in Tasmania, then you are in luck! What do you get when you mix Australia with New Zealand……the is Tasmania! It is approximately the size of Ireland and over a third of the whole island has been classed as a World Heritage Listed Area!
If you are into outdoor activities, then this is your playground! It has an abundance of wildlife and visit the amazing Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park. This has one of the world’s great long distance walks if you feel energetic and definitely should be on your things to do in Tasmania list!
To get to Tasmania you can either fly (one hour from Melbourne) or take your Travelwheels campervan on the “The Spirit of Tasmania” ferry. This leaves Melbourne at 9pm in the evening and arrives in Devonport at 7am.
Things to do in Tasmania + visit Hobart
Australia’s most southerly city Hobart has a population of approximately 200,000 people. There are plenty of things to do in Tasmania to keep your busy! One of the best ways to see it at its most picturesque is to arrive by boat. You will see all the fine Georgian architecture and a living working harbour in full colour. It’s a great place to get fresh seafood and soak up the atmosphere. The annual Sydney to Hobart Boxing Day Yacht Race is a crazy time to visit this vibrant place as its teeming with people!
Things to do in Tasmania + weather guide for tourists
Tasmania is renowned for being a state that can easily have four seasons in one day! However don’t worry too much, if you find it’s raining on one part of the island, then all you have to do is jump back into your Travel Wheels campervan. Just keep driving and eventually you will find the sunshine along the coastline on the other side of the island!
The best time to visit and have plenty of things to do in Tasmania is in the summer months. It’s cooler than mainland Australia and it can really feel like a wonderful retreat from the hot days of an Australian summer!
Things to do in Tasmania – cheap and low cost attractions
Below is a list of some of things to do in Tasmania
- Cradle Mountain National Park – hike in one of Australia’s pure wildernesses national parks! If you are up for a challenge, then try the overland hiking track.
- Discover Tasmania’s history as a convict colony at Port Arthur
- Relax at the bay of fires beach and wander in the beautiful settings
- Explore Salamanca market on saturday in Hobart
- Visit Freycinet National Park and climb Wineglass Bay lookout
- Tasman Peninsula – explore this area on foot on one of the coastal walking paths
- Sample the wines of the Tamar wine valley
- Macquarie Harbour – explore the massive harbour and cruise the Gordon and King rivers and enjoy the wonderful natural environment
- Walk through lush rainforest on your way to see Russell Falls
Things to do in Tasmania – contact us for ideas
If you are interested in things to do in Tasmania, then feel free to email us. Our staff at Travelwheels Campervan Hire have contacts in Tasmania for campervan hire. We can speak English, wir sprechen deutsch, and nous parlons Français ici! Give our team a call on 0412766616 for our best deals on campervan hire in Australia.
Check out our Cheap Campervan Hire Australia Deals Below
Enter your dates below for our best deals on Campervan Hire Australia Specials. You can always call our team on 0412766616 for more details on our offers available. Our online price checker will give you our lowest rates on camper hire in Australia.