Things to do in Western Australia + weather guide
Are you looking for things to do in Western Australia? When is the best time of year to visit to get good weather? Just this one state is larger than Western Europe! This really puts it in to perspective just how big Western Australia is!
It’s absolutely massive and yet there are only two million people live in Western Australia! That is about 10% of the entire population of Australia! Remember most of them live in and around Perth!
The distances between the many great attractions are huge! You really get the feeling that you are driving through a landscape which has remained untouched for years! This is perfect for the adventurous traveller, especially in a travelwheeels campervan!
Things to do in Western Australia – visit Perth
If you are looking for Things to do in Western Australia, then check out Perth. It is the capital of Western Australia and is home to about 1.3 million people. It is known as the most isolated city in the world, Singapore is actually closer than Sydney!
Things to do in Western Australia + Weather guide
Because Western Australia is such an enormous State has two different types of weather patterns! It behaves like the tropics in the north, so be careful to plan your things to do in Western Australia to fit these weather patterns! In the south where most people live (in and around Perth) it is blessed with beautiful sunny summers and mild winters.
Things to do in Western Australia from Travelwheels Campervans
Below you will find a list with some of the things to do in Western Australia. Lots of them are either free or low cost and here is the list.
- See the wild dolphins at the shoreline at Monkey Mia
- Swim with the whale sharks in Exmouth (April to July)
- Discover Perth by boat and also have a picnic at one of the beautiful city gardens
- Visit wave rock and go to an Aboriginal community along the route
- Stroll through the Walpole-Nornalup National Park and visit the Valley of the Giants and do not forget to do the tree top walk!
- Karijini National Park – visit the deep ravines with all their waterfalls, hiking trails and natural pools to cool off after a magical day in this great National Park
- From Albany via the coastal road to Perth, allow yourself plenty of time to admire the giant Karri Forests and the many idyllic beaches
- Fremantle – relax and people-watch in one of the many cafes
- Relax on some of the great beaches in Broome
- Swim with wild dolphins at Rockingham
- Visit the amazing Pinnacles desert
- Discover the Kimberley National Park, and don’t forget the bungle bungles!
- Go to Shark Bay and watch the dolphins, turtles and manatees educate their young in this paradise.
- Kalbarri National Park – visit the hawks head red river gorges
- Go surfing and relax on one of the wonderful beaches and enjoy the unspoiled Western Australia
- Taste the wines in the Margaret River area
- Visit and discover Rottnest Island, a wonderful place where the Quokka, a small wallaby that is only 30 cm lives. Please note that there is a limit to the number of visitors can spend the night here, and cars are not allowed on the island.
Things to do in Western Australia – hire a campervan
If you are interested in things to do in Western Australia, then email our team. Travelwheels Campervan Hire Australia staff are passionate about WA! We can help plan a trip around WA by Campervan for a great price! We can speak English, wir sprechen deutsch, and nous parlons Français ici! Give our team a call on 0412766616 for our best deals on campervan hire in Western Australia.
Check out our Cheap Campervan Hire Australia Deals Below
Enter your dates below for our best deals on Campervan Hire Australia Specials. You can always call our team on 0412766616 for more details on our offers available. Our online price checker will give you our lowest rates on camper hire in Australia.