Things to do in Victoria + weather guide
Victoria is a brilliant state to explore on a Campervan hire holiday. It’s Australia’s smallest mainland state, but there are plenty of things to do in Victoria! It has a fantastic Mountain Range, National Parks, Rainforests, and Deserts! If you are here in the winter, you can tell your friends you went skiing in Australia! Below is our free guide to things to do in Victoria. Our staff can speak English, wir spechen deutsch and nous parlons Français ici!
Travelwheels list of things to do in Victoria on the cheap!
Below is a list of just some of the fantastic things to do in Victoria. We love this state and we hope you have a fantastic time exploring this amazing place.
- The great Ocean Drive – one of the greatest road trips in the world
- Swim with the dolphins in Victoria – a truly magical experience!
- Melbourne – over 120 different cultures live in and around this city! Eating out is a real world wide adventure!
- Visit Bells Beach – the location for the film “Point Break” with Keanu Reeves & Patrick Swayze! This is also a world’s famous surf beach with massive waves!
- Surf world museum – www.surfworld.com.au Visit the museum for the history of surfing and lots of great photos of massive waves.
- Torquay – this is home to many of the Australian surf wear companies. Lots of factory outlets and cheap bargains to fill up your suitcase!
- Canoeing in and around Lake Elizabeth – near Apollo Bay. Great place to stop on the great Ocean Road before continuing on to the twelve apostles.
- Sample world class wines in the Yarra Valley! Really lovely scenic drive from Melbourne as well!
- Visit the amazing Grampians National Park! One of the best places to see wildlife and beautiful scenery without the crowds.
- Go skiing in the snowy mountains in winter! How about mountain biking in the summer? You can use the ski lifts to take you back up the mountains!
- Explore the Dandenong Ranges National Park.
- Phillip Island – see the little fairy penguins emerge from the sea! This is an experience that will last you a lifetime.
- Visit the MCG – Melbourne Cricket Ground over 90,000 other people!
- Explore the Mornington Peninsula – beautiful scenery.
- Wilsons Promontory – an amazing place to explore! Excellent bush walking and a brilliant place to see wombats!
- Croajingalong National Park – health lands, wonderful fauna and flora.
- Travel around Melbourne in an old fashioned tram! Great way to see the city. If you have the money why not have a gourmet meal on an old colonial tram!
- Mount Feathertop loop walk – fantastic views – a must for bush walkers.
- Chill out at St. Kilda – Melbourne’s only beachside district.
- Visit Ramsey Street – the home of Neighbours tv soap opera!
- Pan for gold in Victoria’s Goldfields – visit Sovereign Hill! Have a go at panning for gold in authentic 1950 costumes!
Planning a campervan hire holiday + things to do in Victoria
If you need help in planning a campervan hire trip in Australia, call our team on 0412766616. We are specialists in Melbourne to Sydney Campervan Hire. We will do our best to get your the best price and you can check out our specials on campervan hire Australia deals. We can help plan your trip and we love exploring Victoria.
Things to do in Victoria – visit Melbourne!
The capital of Victoria is Melbourne which has approximately three million people living in the area. It’s a magnificent multicultural city and has great food from all over the world to sample! There are lots of things to do in Victoria and Melbourne is great place to explore! One of the magical things about Melbourne is that lots of great day trips you can do. Great for music, arts and plenty of cool stuff for free you can do. Now you might ask what is the weather like?
Things to do in Victoria and what is the weather like?
Melbourne has a similar climate to its famous cousin, Sydney! One thing to note is that Melbourne is renowned for sometimes having four seasons in one day! The summer months can be really hot and heat waves are common! If it’s too hot in the city, you can easily head to the coast to cool down. Why not explore the wonderful mountains for a refreshing break from the heat.
Searching for things to do in Victoria – read these guides
When you are doing some research into things to do in Victoria, here are some handy links. It’s always worth checking out the Lonely Planet’s page on things you can do in Victoria. Trip Advisor website can also be a useful site for information about planing activities to do in Victoria.
Things to do in Victoria – hire a campervan
If you are interested in things to do in Victoria, then feel free to email us. The staff at Travelwheels Campervan Hire Australia love travelling down to Melbourne. We can help plan a trip around Victoria by Campervan for a great price! We can speak English, wir sprechen deutsch, and nous parlons Français ici! We will not be beaten on Melbourne to Sydney Campervan Hire! If we have vans in stock, then we will beat all competitors (outside of busy xmas season)! Give our team a call on 0412766616 for our best deals on campervan hire in Victoria.