Travelwheels Campervan Hire Insurance Options
Confused about campervan hire insurance options when considering renting a campervan in Australia? To help you understand the rules, Travelwheels Campervan Hire Australia has written this simple guide below for you.
Travelwheels Campervan Hire Australia have three simple and easy to understand campervan hire insurance options. However let’s first talk in general about camper hire insurance and why you should make sure you are covered! Remember you can call our campervan hire team on 0412766616 in English any time for further information. Note we also wir sprechen deutsch and nous parlons Français ici !
Do you really need Campervan Hire Insurance in Australia?
The thing about campervan hire insurance is this ……. you don’t need it until you need it!
Some people think that if you take out your own personal travel insurance, then you will be covered by your insurance policy if you have an accident! Unfortunately this is not the case, and we have many sad examples to back this up! Now that we are talking about insurance, do you have holiday insurance cover for Australia yet? If not then check out Money Saving Experts choices for Cheap Travel Insurance here.
Most personal travel insurance policies cover illness or cancellation of your trip for example. Other policies also cover delays, loss or damage of possessions, travel document and personal liability or accidents. However they don’t cover motor vehicles or any kind of Campervan Hire Insurance policy. This also applies to all our competitors such as Jucy, Hippie, Mighty, Travellers Autobarn and Camperman Australia for example. Have a read of some of the comments on Trip Advisor about campervan insurance in Australia here!
If you don’t take our campervan hire insurance when renting a campervan with us or any of our competitors then you are running a risk. If you unfortunately have an accident you’ll have to cover the excess which is usually several thousand dollars or more! There’s no better way to ruin the holiday of a lifetime than to have to pay a huge bill you weren’t expecting! One wrong move and your holiday could be in ruins! This could lead to you flying home early with a big debt! Therefore Travelwheels really recommends taking out Campervan Hire Insurance regardless of which company you use for campervan hire in Australia.
Things to consider about campervan hire insurance….
- The roads in Australia are not the same as in your home country. Many Australian roads are incredibly long, steep or have other hazards you might be use to. Therefore the likelihood of an accident or damage to the vehicle may be higher than you would expect in your home country. This is why we suggest taking out Campervan Hire Insurance.
- In Australia they drive on the left hand side of the road! Most European countries, Central, South and North America drive on the right hand side of the road! This is another reason to take out Campervan Hire Insurance!
- You’re more likely to have an accident in a campervan than in a car simply because of the campervan’s dimensions! This is as a result of it being higher, longer and wider than the vehicle you drive every day!
- Australia has so many wild animals roaming the countryside at night! Please don’t drive at night as there is a big chance of an accident with an animal!
Hopefully this short introduction has made you aware of the risks of not taking out car or campervan hire insurance when in Australia. Below is a useful guide about travelwheels campervan hire insurance options. If you have any more questions about Camper Hire Insurance you are more than welcome to email travelwheels. Simply click the email us button below:
Travelwheels Campervan Hire Insurance 3 options to choose from
Travelwheels campervan hire staff know that trying to understand a campervan hire insurance document can be difficult! Often there is a lot of small print to look at and it can be confusing! Therefore we have tried to make it as easy as possible for you guys! For example at Travelwheels we have three options and they are listed below. Remember if you have any questions you can email our friendly staff in English, Deutsch or Français by emailing = [email protected]
1) Travelwheels Campervan Hire Insurance (RED) = $10 day
Travelwheels Campervan Hire Insurance (Red Option) will reduce your liability in the event of a road traffic accident with another vehicle to an excess of $1000. Most things are covered, but there are a number of exclusions such as the tyres, glass, etc. On all campervan hire insurance policies overhead/underbody or roll overs are not covered by any insurance policy. For further details please check out this link.
2) Travelwheels Campervan Hire Insurance (ORANGE) = $15 day
With Travelwheels Campervan Hire Insurance (Orange Option) you can reduce your liability in the event of a road traffic accident with another vehicle to an excess of $500. It is similar to the RED insurance, but you liability has been reduced to $500 instead of $1000. In this case most things are covered, but there are a number of exclusions such as the tyres, glass, etc. On all insurance policies overhead and underbody or roll overs are not covered by any insurance policy. For further details please check out this link.
3) Travelwheels Campervan Hire Insurance (GREEN) = $25 day
Travelwheels Campervan Hire Insurance (Green Option) will reduce your liability in the event of a road traffic accident with another vehicle to an excess of $Zero. Most things are covered by the green insurance policy. This is subject to a fair use policy, and more details can be found by clicking on this link. For the most part all Campervan Hire Insurance policies from all the companies in Australia do not cover overhead and underbody damage. Furthermore roll overs are not covered by any insurance policy.
Here is a quick guide showing you the information you need to work out which Campervan Hire Insurance policy is best for your holiday.
Please note: these Campervan Hire Insurance options can change at any time, so please refer to the terms and conditions for further details.
How to save money on campervan hire in Australia
Choosing the right campervan hire insurance for a longer trip can be expensive. We have written a couple of blog posts you might find useful. For example here is our guide to when is the cheapest time hire a campervan in Australia? Another useful guide is our long term campervan hire discount page. Here we offer some options to save money for anybody thinking about long term camper hire in Australia.
Here are a couple of useful links to read up before travelling to Australia.
- Campervan Hire specials – link to travelwheels specials offers and one off deals
- Price Match guarantee – here at travelwheels we love beating the competition and getting you a great deal!
- Cheapest time of year to hire a campervan – this guide will help you to find the cheapest time to hire a camper in Australia!
- Cairns to Sydney road trip planner – guide written by customer reviews, feedback and staff tips on cool stuff to do
- Sydney to Cairns road trip planner – Australia’s most popular road trip!
- Free camping East Coast of Australia – facebook customer reviews and feedback from travellers about free places to camp in Australia.
Contact Travelwheels Sydney for Campervan Hire Insurance info
You can call Travelwheels Team about our Campervan Hire Insurance options on 0412766616 in Australia. You can also visit our campervan hire store in Sydney at 11-15 Clevedon Street, Botany, 2019, Sydney. We can sit you down and explain all about Campervan Hire Insurance in English, Français and deutsch! At the same time you can view our campervans for hire and ask any more questions about Australia.
We look forwards to meeting you here in Australia.
Camper mieten Australien fahrzeugeigenschaften
Options d’assurance de locatin de van en Australie
To read the Français version of this page click here = Options d’assurance de locatin de van en Australie en Français
Travelwheels Campervan Hire Price Checker
If you are interested in hiring a campervan, then check out Travelwheels Campervan Hire Price Checker! Simply enter your travel dates and it will automatically give you our best rates! We specialize in East Coast of Australia Campervan Hire. Remember here at travelwheels will price match all Sydney to Sydney Campervan Hire quotes! Enter your dates below for a good value for money quote 🙂